Tributaries Fly Fishing Film on Release
Director R. C. Cone delivers a fly fishing story on a global scale...
Tributaries is a journey to uncover the commonality among different cultures, people and water. It explores the contrasting experiences of three diverse guides - a Bahamian flats-drifter, a Patagonian trout bum and a Viking-blooded Icelander.
According to director R C Cone, Tributaries is a continuation of the journey that started with his film ‘Breathe’, in which Cone explored what fly fishing meant to himself and anglers he met along the way in Montana. In Tributaries, Cone's goal was to look at the bigger picture.
"I wanted to explore the wider implications of fly fishing. How does our sport fit into the world? What is this worldwide community like? What are the differences and similarities on a global scale? Instead of a personal journey, I wanted to explore the world’s waters and the cultures that inhabit them," Cone said.
During the course of the film you watch three characters’ stories merge into one in a tribute to the world’s water with stunning fish in diverse locations from Bahamian bonefish to Patagonian trout and Icelandic Atlantic salmon. Check out the trailer below for a taster.
Tributaries is a featured film in the 2014 F3T and 2014 Rise film festivals and full-length downloads are available at tributariesfilm.com and begin at $4.
Directed by RC Cone
Written by RC Cone and Zack Wheeler
Locations: The Bahamas, Iceland, Argentina
Starring: Prescott Smith, Siggi Haugur, Tuqui Visvarro
Articles by the same author
- AMFF Announces Fish Conservation Symposium
- Roger Neufeldt Inducted into Rapala Hall of Fame
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- Volunteers Required to Teach Fishing in New Hampshire
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Oregon Biologists Poised to Rescue Deschutes River Fish
- Phil Greenlee to Speak at Florida Fly Fishing Expo
- British Fly Fishing Firm to Expand in New Hampshire
- Illinois Catch and Release
- Florida Fly Fishing Expo Announces October Classes with Bob Clouser and Wanda Taylor