View Single Post

Old 11-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Re: hi im new to fly tying

Great advice from everyone who has posted to this thread. The one thing that I would add to the conversation is "Don't try to learn all the patterns right away" I highly recommend that you master one pattern before you move on to another. The best way to master a fly pattern is to tie lots of them. I would recommend tying several dozen of one pattern before you move onto the next. By tying the same fly over and over again you will see how certain materials lay onto the hook and you will find your own ways of making certain materials lay on the hook so the fly looks perfect.

You tube is also a great source for learning to tie flies. You can typically find several different ways to tie the same flies and you may see someone tie a material onto the hook in a manner that works best for you. Good luck with your tying, be careful, fly tying can become very addictive.