View Single Post

Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 PM

Walter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The End of The Line; Discussions on Furlled & Knotted Leaders.

I'm wondering what benefits those who make their own leaders see vs. using a standered tapered leader? Does it make you feel similar to catching a fish on a fly you tied yourself ? I have fished some pretty technical tailwaters this past year and I really like a standard tapered leader with alot of tippet added. My normal set up for dries is 15 feet in length minimum. Even when I can get away with a 9 foot leader I still go long....per Paul Weamer's guide to the upper Delaware its kind of like sharpening your game for later in the season....even though you can get away with a shorter leader earlier in the season (and a shorter leader is easier to cast) ...you may need to go long later in the season. I've tried some store bought furled leaders - I personally didn't realize an advantage.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes woofly liked this post