View Single Post

Old 02-12-2008, 01:33 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U Float tubes -what brand?

Are you talking a "U" tube where you are sitting a lot lower in the water and there is more surface touching the water which to me is harder to more.

Click the image to open in full size.

Or a "V" which is probably the most popular. You have room behind the seat plus bags on the side for gear. You sit out of the water more or even completely. Stryofoam seat or blow up. The one with the styro seat will fold down to the size of the foam, the ones with the air seats fold very small.

There is many to choose from, but I recommend a URETHANE bladder, strong outer cover and stitching and a good name like OUTCAST, NFO. I hear 50/50 on the ODC

If you have the money, to me the best there is is the Freestlye H3

6 feet long and VERY STABIL on choppy water. Cuts through with ease, fantastic warranty and tuff as nails cover, plus "D" rings in all the right places.
And the Side bags are insulated for ice and drinks.
Just my choice, cause when it comes to me and the water, I want to be sure I have the best I can.