Thread: casting weight
View Single Post

Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 AM

Walter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud ofWalter1023 has much to be proud of
Default Re: casting weight

When I'm relegated to casting weight because fish refuse to show themselves on the surface I often just attach a few split shots to a CDC dry....attach a trailer .....and swing them - strip them - jiggle them just like a streamer and its a very open cast style. For instance on my forward cast I almost make a point to have my rod tip touch the surface of the water - and I've not really had problems at all. Its funny because last week I was on the farmington river engaged in chucking lead......a kayaker and his wife were coming downstream and the gentleman advised me I should stop my forward cast when the tip if high (he must have saw me from far away) I thanked him but said I can't really do that as I'm casting alot of weight...and he looked a little mystified. Interestingly 5 hours later before i left I was in a larger pool casting dries toward a few risers....and a guy on the bank complimented me on how good he thought my casting was. moral of the story...if anyone compliments you on how graceful you look when casting a weighted rig you're porbably doing it wrong