View Single Post

Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard
Default Re: Do you carry a survival kit?

I went yes because in the boat I keep enough stuff to cope with whatever. When I park at skinny water and hike up stream I stuff the most important items into a small pack and take it. Relying on a cell phone will not work because we still have many areas where there is no coverage. The boat items include fire starter; MSR Wisperlight, A small Sig bottle filled with Kero for wet fire starts, a roll of toilet paper to use as a wick with the kero, Granola bars (a whole bunch of em) MRE or De Hydrated meals, machete, etc, etc. Of course I also have the Coast Guard box O goodies as well, air horn, sky flares and etc. If I don't wander too far from the mother ship it all stays stowed on board.

In the pack I travel light but if I'm bush fishing the machete is important as is the fire starter.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors