View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 AM

dillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud of
Default Re: stealhead questions

Steelhead Fly Fishing the Nez Perce Country, by Dan Landeen is a good book on the Snake River Tributaries. I found it a very interesting read. It gives the reader a historical overview of the area and the experiential perspective of many passionate anglers from the 1930's to present. I began steelhead flyfishing on small summer steelhead streams in SW Washington fishing a muddler minnow on a wet fly swing with a single hand rod. I now prefer fishing large rivers with a two hander. I skate and swing flies with a floating line in the summer and swing large flies using a shooting head and sink tip in the winter. My favorite fly patterns are the ones I have confidence in for the method I am employing. They all work. Great Falls is a ways from Steelhead waters. I would suggest practicing casting and swinging streamers on that large trout stream over there before you head out.

P.S.
This is my first post.

Last edited by dillon; 08-23-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: add details