View Single Post

Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: crayfish prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Are those chain eyes heavy enough to make it float hook up?
You got me thinking Crayfish now. I do think they are a grayish green, here anyway. I have this PEACOCK sheeting material that might give the right effect...Hummmmm
I might have to hit the tying table.

Tell me though, how do they float or swim. I know backwards so you want the pinchers coming out of the hook area, but do the bounce/float butt heavy or head heavy? In other words, should I weight the eye area or the hook area?
not sure if the weight in the back or front matters much. weighting the front can work too I am sure. just like a wooley bugger or clouser would. I usually use just a brown wooley bugger for a crayfish but this guy gave me this one crayfish and told me to try to make something kinda like it so I gave it a try thats why its the olive colors. I am gonna make brown too now that I get the idea of what i kinda wanna do.. I got all spring anyways. crays around here are good in the summer but not much in the spring.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.