View Single Post

Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM

dillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud ofdillon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spey Leaders by Cutthroat Leader Co.

I have recently begun using Cutthroat furled leaders. It worked very well for dry line steelhead fishing on the Deschutes River in Central Oregon. I attached a 10ft spey leader to a scandi head with a built in loop to loop connection. The other end of the leader has a very small ring to which I tied on 6-8 ft of 10lb maxima tippet with a uni knot. I greased the upper 1/3 of the leader starting at the fly line. It cast well even in the wind, turning the fly over nicely and laying out straight. When playing a fish it all held together fine and I liked the way the loop to loop connection slide throught he guides so smoothly with no fear of a knot catching on a guide. I have some 36 in Steelhead leaders to try on sink tips as soon as the Portland area rivers drop into shape.