View Single Post

Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any experience with Orvis Helios / Hardy Sintrix??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten View Post
Hello,

Thanks for that detailed statement. I saw, that the Hardy rod is more heavy than the Orvis rod. It would be interessting if the weight is an appreciable difference.
Hello,

I also compared the weight aspect between the helios and the zenith before I bought them. And my take is that don't let the slight weight difference keep you away from a good rod regardless which one that you eventually pick.

Again, based on the 7wt not the 3wt.

The helios 7wt is 2 7/8oz which is 2.87oz, the Zenith 7wt is 3.24oz or 3 1/4oz, the difference is only 0.37oz. Add the reel, backing and fly line and I can't feel that 0.37oz.
It is like comparing Michael Ballack to Mezut Ozil, different size but just as good.

By the way, Orvis Superfine Full Flex is a good addition to your short list.

Me personally will take on Tenkara if I had to fish that light.
Likes thorsten liked this post