View Single Post

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM

ts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 wt Rod Recommendation (BVK maybe)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
never fished a bvk, but they do get good reviews.
i think the idea of an "extension" for a fly rod is interesting.
I agree with you. I fish the Savage in western Maryland. A 10 foot 3 or 4 wt would be ideal for high sticking. I also fish some smaller pocket water in central Maryland where a shorter rod would be good. I don't know how much difference going from my 9 foot 5 wt to an 8 foot rod would make. Based on some of the tight spots I've gotten into, it sure wouldn't hurt! With the BVK, you can have both.

I did a lot of digging on the internet before posting this question. I found lots of good comments and reviews on this setup - most dating back to 2010 and a few from 2011, but nothing recent. Not sure if there is something better out there or not. Hopefully, someone from this site can give me a more current opinion on the better rods in 2013 and if this rod is still competitive.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes caseywise liked this post