View Single Post

Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM

ts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 wt Rod Recommendation (BVK maybe)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpreller View Post
hmm just checked the site seems the imperial has gone up a few bucks, still a nice rod for the price. as for catching bluegill look for there spawning beds in the shallows in a couple weeks saucer sized depressions on the bottom they nest in colonies so when you find one youll find a bunch. tie on a size 8 or 10 cork popper put about18 inches of 3x tippet off the hook and tie on a size 12 pheasant tail. cast over top the beds some fish will take the popper some will take the nymph. use the popper like an indicator. if they show a definate preferance for one you can remove the other.
Thanks!! It sounds like great fun!

For the rod price... I was hoping there was a special connection somewhere. While I don't really know, it seems the price of fly fishing tackle is largely regulated by the manufacturers. I guess the good side of this is it helps keep the little fly shops in business by allowing them to be as competitive as the big chain stores.

Again, I appreciate all the input you gave me.