View Single Post

Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM

ts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud ofts47 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 wt Rod Recommendation (BVK maybe)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfzx View Post
I have the BVK 3wt and the extension. I love the rod in both configurations. The 8ft IMHO is plenty delicate enough for presenting dries. I use a WF-3-F Rio Gold and have no trouble casting 40 feet with it. If I need to do better than 40 ft then I grab a different rod. It also rolls very well. When I add the extension it does a bit better with a Wf-4 line, but then when I use the extension, I am usually nymphing, and delicacy is not that much of an issue.
Thanks for the input!

Most of the BVKs I've heard about have a line like the Rio Grande or a full line size up. How does the 8 foot version fish with a regular 3 wt line? Have you tried it with a 4 wt line? Difference between the two?

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
For a trout rod, the Redington Classic Trout (Tempt now) is hard to bet. Best trout rod next to an Orvis Superfine that I know of.
What's the action like on the (CT) Tempt?