Thread: Fl keys trip
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2013, 06:51 AM

fq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud offq13 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fl keys trip

I was born down here and I need a guide in the Keys. Back country and freshwater I'm good, the Keys? Its a whole different world and I'm still learning.
Two useful pieces of advice?
1 Buy a line designed for sun and salt. It won't go limp and hang up on everything so easily. Several companies make them and I won't recommend one over the others. I use Orvis, but I'm sure the others are just as good.

2 As far as fishing in the wind with lead head eyed clousers and deceivers? There's a reason fly fishermen like those dorky broad brimmed Tilly hats.

3 (A bonus piece) Under every dock in the Keys lives a mangrove snapper. Fluro carbon leaders and a 1/32 oz jig or size six fly at night on an ultra light or 4-5 weight at night from your hotel or the marina down the street? Good times.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney liked this post