View Single Post

Old 05-12-2017, 01:25 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OPST running lines

Unfortunately I think that is just one of the characteristics of the stuff. I tested it out and hated it for the same reason. Yeah it shoots a mile but I couldn't deal with the coils, plus you can't mend a mile of mono. The guys at the shop asked how I liked it and I opted for a running line like the Rio slickshooter (I think it was), it's basically a running fly line. They said that basically they are all torn on the stuff, it's pure preference--some of them love it others hate it. You either learn how to handle it and manage the coils and hope to appreciate the good qualities more than the bad, or sell it.