View Single Post

Old 05-14-2017, 08:20 PM

ia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OPST running lines

I admit I have never used one. Just watched many vids and read forum comments because it is somewhat new. They seem like their best purpose is easy bomb casting. I have no doubt they accomplish that as it is the one advantage any compact head with mono runner is going to have. Some of Ed's more recent vids highlight him single spey casting very short and light rods with heavy heads with his running line. Casting stupid heavy flies for the rod. It looks wonderful for that but he isn't mending at a distance. It appears to be useful in the right water. Very useful in fact. But I don't see myself trying to mend a short head with a mono runner at 50ft+ with 25ft+ of mono laying on the water. Because I have tried that with an Amnesia runner. Seems there are better tools for that job.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Ard liked this post