Members Living in Alaska;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Do we have any members who are residents of Alaska? I ask this because there may be some who are only occasional posters and I am hoping that if you see this post you will drop me a privet message so we could chat.

It's sort of lonely here for me :(

Ard

vanceinak

Reaction score
Did great filling the freezer (dipnetting. 115 fish including a 40# king my 16yr old daughter caught in under 3 hrs. That was 3 permit holders in the boat)a couple weeks ago. Had my 6yr old son flipping for reds in front of the house a couple of times with no success. Couple of nights ago we spent about an hour of quality time sitting in the boat tied to the bouy in front of the house soaking eggs for silvers. I had a few nibbles but no success.
Company from Montana just left Saturday (with 700# of saltwater fish they caught from their boat. An every year thing.) so hopefully life will slow down a bit & I can get out & chase grayling & trout a bit. May take the family up to Summit lake in the pass this Sunday afternoon just to get out of town. If so I'll take my new float tube & see if I can get anything interested. I've never fly fished still water before. Any fly suggestions???

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am out KGB Road, why don't you drop me a PM sometime? Do you fish below Skilak on the river? I go down there now and then.

Ard

nerka

Reaction score
Im in Anchorage via Bristol Bay. Im heading down to the Penninsula this weekend to hit the clam tides. Ill probably wet a line at some point as well.

rrarods

Reaction score
I am currently living in Colorado but my dad lives in fairbanks. I need to get whom out fishing there. Ill ne moving up there in a year or two so I will be hitting you all up soon!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nerka

Reaction score
Welcome Stan, Ill be heading north this weekend to chase kings myself. Good to have another Alaskan around.

caseywise

Reaction score
i hope this isnt cheating, but i grew up in homer. went to college in seattle, then somehow ended up here in the MW. living in il now, but make a trip up to ak almost anually.

casey

beagle

Reaction score
I live on Iliamna's Copper River year round. We hunt,fish, and trap. The Copper is pretty much lodged up until the end of sept. and that's when the best fishing starts!

afman87

Reaction score
New to the forum and fly fishing and alaska... But so far I love them all! I live in the fairbanks area. Moved here a year and a half ago and started fly fishing at about the same time. I've done pretty well for myself so far I think. I've caught reds, pinks, dogs, kings, grayling, rainbows, and pike. In my crosshairs for this year are Silvers, dolly, and hopefully a steelhead or two. I dont claim to know very much but i'm always willing to lean and help out where I can.