Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Copper River (the rest of the yr)

We have the Copper to ourselves about 8 months of the year and beside hunting for moose and bear we also have a pretty productive trapline!
    Here's a wolf that was in our yard intent on a beagle for breakfast. A brown bear chasing our bluetickConibear barrel set ,,nice lynx,,not to smart though!Smoke full of salmon stripsOld bull just up from Copper River LodgeOur homestead,wrecked cub heading to the shopwolves taken off a moose kill (theirs)
    Iliamna's finest,,,Copper River

2. Likes thorsten liked this post

Default Re: Copper River (the rest of the yr)

I am impressed with the pic of the bear chasing the hound, Know that I couldn't have taken such a great shot while running the other way with the camera pointed back over my shoulder.

Thanks for sharing...Should give you my address in case there is more smoked salmon then your family can eat...lol

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

4. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

beagle: Great photos, I love that one of the brown bear chasing your hound. Keep the photos coming I really enjoy seeing Alaska photos, I lived there 16 years and really miss it.

Larry
    Larry

Interesting! Looks like rugged living!
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

7. Default Re: Copper River (the rest of the yr)

Here's the results of our December Moose Hunt!
    My bull was by what Rainbow River Lodge calls the Presidential Stretch.

My wife took hers on what Copper River Lodge calls The Lower Straightaway.

8. Likes thorsten, fredaevans liked this post
  9. Default Re: Copper River (the rest of the yr)

On the Copper near the famous Lunch Hole!!

10. Likes thorsten liked this post

Those are some great pics . I love to trap when i was a kid my dad trapped but now there is not that much trapping here and no where to sell the furs,I would love that there.
    SHANNON

Blog Entries

Beagle...thanks for sharing part of your life with us...very cool pics. Rainbow River Lodge is for bows around Iliamna (sp?) right? -Mike

13. Default Re: Copper River (the rest of the yr)

Thanks for the pics, reminiscing of finer days gone by - brings a tear to my eye!
    I left after we finished building the pipeline road. 2nd biggest mistake of my life.

14. Default Re: Copper River (the rest of the yr)

Mike Rainbow River Lodge is just up the crik from us,we caretake it and Copper River Lodge as well. With the big salmon runs lately the fishing has been better than I can ever remember. My wife and I are avid hunters and give the local brown bears a run for the $$.
    We are allowed a bear a year apiece within 2.5 miles from the mouth of the Copper!

15. Likes thorsten liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast