Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jumping Grayling!

Quote Originally Posted by afman87 View Post
    Hardyreel you are the MAN! I caught fist fulls great sized grayling today. Used a #6 Black Woolly Bugger with some green tinsel running through it. Honestly I kind of thought you were full of it when the first fish I hooked was about 5in... but then I stopped setting the hook on strikes I could see and waited to feel them. Smallest fish I caught after that was 12in even a couple 16" and an 18". Even let my 3year old reel a few in! Her first!
    Wow, what a great photo, definitely one you will want to keep! Congrats on landing some really nice sized Grayling! I still like fishing for them on top, expecially in clear water where you can see them ripping up to the surface to intercept your fly.

Larry
    Larry

Default Re: Jumping Grayling!

once on a fishing trip, I sat quietly in the bushes and watched as the grayling leaps from the water and tries to catch insects... later I caught him and let him go...
    "Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have at work on it, and man can only mar it." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Live with your eyes open, you might notice something and you will have the opportunity to share it with the world." Argail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12