Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Making The Best of The Time That's Left....

They sell that in 12 pack boxes that stack perfectly into the cargo hold of the boat Bill Although the cabin looks cool it is rustic to the nines. Sometimes beer makes an easy lunch because of the lack of a kitchen........

I'll be adding more pictures to this thread as I get the winter wood skid up here at home. I spent the first day home mowing the lawn and skidding logs. I'm handy with a Bull Dozer and other equipment and had no rest until I put a large lawn on this property. Now I must maintain it

The wood is all down but I have not logged all of them and skidded them up from the forrest yet...............more work

I am going river scouting tomorrow

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Haha! I used to live off the "oil cans". This summer went by pretty quick, good for us down here (well some) but not too good for you up there I guess.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    They sell that in 12 pack boxes that stack perfectly into the cargo hold of the boat Bill Although the cabin looks cool it is rustic to the nines. Sometimes beer makes an easy lunch because of the lack of a kitchen........

I'll be adding more pictures to this thread as I get the winter wood skid up here at home. I spent the first day home mowing the lawn and skidding logs. I'm handy with a Bull Dozer and other equipment and had no rest until I put a large lawn on this property. Now I must maintain it

The wood is all down but I have not logged all of them and skidded them up from the forrest yet...............more work

I am going river scouting tomorrow
    Ard: With all the work you're doing, you are due for some time off and getting out on the water!
    I've said it before, but it is worth saying again, that cabin off yours sure looks like you have put a ton of work into it and it really shows, very nice indeed!
    Larry

4. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

You'll need rain gear and a few pairs of work gloves. I'll supply food, lodging, and all tools needed

Ard
    got rain gear ,work gloves...a chainsaw and tools...+ I love working on woodPity I'm so far....hope the cabin inspector will award you at least 4****Great job Ard!

Blog Entries

Hey Larry,

I'm still at home chasing down some e-mail forms that I need to complete. I am going to scout a place today to see if I can access by river boat as the waters drop this fall. As you know, when the nights get cold up in the mountains the water levels drop quickly. This is both good & bad in that rivers currently sullied by glacial runoff clear up but at the same time some become unnavigable. I am not opposed to walking but some of these places are real bush hikes where a machete is the only way through the tangles. The last thing I want to do is to make a 2 mile hike and then have a jet boat come through before I make the first cast

Work at the cabin is going to resume this winter in ernest. The salmon runs here in the lower valley have suffered and the cabin is so far out that fishing pressure is less in the area. I am close to having the inside finished but now the outside chinking needs to be redone......... And the skirting will go up next spring. It will keep me busy until I can no longer climb a ladder

JP,

If you come you may as well plan on staying a couple months so we can really have some fun. It's not all work out there, every now & then I take the boat and go fishing. You can also water ski like Nancy does on the lake

That was about a week ago You gotta love the rope and handle we used. I had 3 different pieces of rope and a piece of fire wood served as the handle. The skis were up on the loft and are about 30 years old.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Blog Entries

Ard: Love the ingenuity it took to do a little water skiing (three ropes and a piece of firewood)!
    Larry

8. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Ard: Love the ingenuity it took to do a little water skiing (three ropes and a piece of firewood)!
    +1!!

Wet suit and all ... and I can just guess what the water temperature might have been.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

JP,

If you come you may as well plan on staying a couple months so we can really have some fun. It's not all work out there, every now & then I take the boat and go fishing. You can also water ski like Nancy does on the lake
    A couple month....sure I would love to if I couldwhen I was eighteen or so I had a girlfriend and we loved going in the woods...once she told me I should become a forest warden
    As for your water skiing propositionit's a bit suspect ....do you want to use me as a live bait???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    +1!!

Wet suit and all ... and I can just guess what the water temperature might have been.

fae
    Hi Fred,

The water out there is never warm once you get a couple feet deep. The wet suit is old also but it still fit so........... Had the suit not fit, I'm not so sure she would have insisted on skiing I thought about it but when I took her back to shore I dove in for a bath and knew in a fraction of a second I wasn't going to enjoy prolonged exposure

Larry,

I custom made the handle with a STIHL

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Ah yes, new construction in many parts of Alaska. Out of that for many, many years now but getting a proper foundation design (Perma Frost issues) was a major expense in the design/building costing.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12