Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Mine - Perhaps We've Made a Difference

Blog Entries

Default Pebble Mine - Perhaps We've Made a Difference

I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Pebble Mine - Perhaps We've Made a Difference

We can only hope this whole thing blows completely up!
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Yeah Kelly, I cracked open a cold one when I heard that on the Alaska Report on NPR the other day. I wanted to make mention but didn't, I'm happy to see that others noticed the news!

The Canadian outfit is still pushing and our government says 'This Project Is Good For All Alaskans'

I could not agree with anything less! However I am no longer carrying the fight on these issues, I am a private citizen and will not argue with the State. Unless they gave all of the gold and other precious metals to the citizens of Alaska I do not see how this mine could possibly benefit any of us who were not working there to destroy what is now a Perfect Place.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Ard I hope it's a start one of The Partners has opted out however it's always the same thing The Foreign Companies wanting to Invest then Rip up Other Countries resources then when all the damage has been done they Hi Tail it back to where they came from with Bucket Loads of Cash what he People really own.
    Brian.

5. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

You guys certainly have a negative view of mining but I really don't want to get into the politics of the thing. For what it's worth, Anglo American wasn't just a partner - it was THE partner. Northern Dynasty is a promotional type of operation, not really a mining business per se. Anglo American knows how to dig things up. So, I guess you crack open as many beers as you like. The Pebble Beach Prospect has always been a very iffy proposition with major obstacles like power source, transportation corridor and general infrastructure. I suspect these are the things that made Anglo think twice and not public dissent - JMPO.

7. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

Potentially more good news about the "CF" that is the Pebble Mine Project.
    EPA considers blocking massive gold mine proposed for Alaska | Post Politics

What a horrible project! There is no reason for it other than to ruin what took thousands of years to create. Some people have no heart and soul. I guess you know where my stand is eh?

10. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

Does everyone here believe that copper and gold grows on trees?? Just curious.

12. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

So we should mine anywhere, regardless of the risk? It really irrates me when people make comments about how much we need the copper, so don't worry about any potential problems.

Here's a question for the any mine any place crowd. If it's so important to mine pebble, do it without leaving a toxic lake and a dam. We all know who will eventually pay for the clean up, and it's not going to be Northern Dynasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stanbiker View Post
    So we should mine anywhere, regardless of the risk? It really irrates me when people make comments about how much we need the copper, so don't worry about any potential problems.
    And it irritates me when people who are using copper complain about every new mining project that comes along... I guess what they are really saving is, "Mine all you want, just do it off in a third world country so we don't see it..."

15. Likes littledavid123 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast