Best lodges to take my daughter

mhaith

Reaction score
The last bonding trip before college with my daughter. Intermediate/ advanced with our own gear

Big question: looking for great lodge/guide for the two of us to fish for salmon and small feeder streams for rainbows/ Dollys kAugust 8-13

Been to Togiak and had a ball but need something new. I know we are late but has anyone had a great experience they can recommend?

akfred

Reaction score
I work with friends in a fly fishing operation on the Seward Peninsula near Nome. We do not have rainbows but do have wonderful small stream Arctic grayling fishing and good Dolly Varden and Coho fishing. We only operate during August and use an R-44 helicopter to access pristine areas for catch and release fly fishing. Check out twinpeaksadventures.com if you think you might be interested.

ptarmigan

Reaction score
I work with friends in a fly fishing operation on the Seward Peninsula near Nome. We do not have rainbows but do have wonderful small stream Arctic grayling fishing and good Dolly Varden and Coho fishing. We only operate during August and use an R-44 helicopter to access pristine areas for catch and release fly fishing. Check out twinpeaksadventures.com if you think you might be interested.

I've fished some of the lower ends of those rivers and must say there is not many places like it! You may have been one of the folks to "lead us to the water" so to say when we were initially researching the fishing up there. Did you happen to be a Bio for the state at one time?

If anybody is looking for an amazing and different Alaskan fishing experience, the Seward Pen. is definitely just that. The Dolly Varden slashing the surface at the fry and huge grayling on nymphs and dries were unforgettable. I really need to make another trip up there!

ETA: Yes, after looking at the website Fred you were the one to help us out. We still speak highly of you and the info you provided us. We first fished it in 07-08 or so and your info was spot on. Amazing place you get to work at!