Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: It's not warm anymore;

I was out on the boat past midnight here! Last night's low was 46. We have had a tremendous amount of rain though. The lake is 3' above full pool and I was dodging logs left and right - which can be dangerous with no moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Just to update it looks like a high of -11 at home here today...…………. No I'm not fishing.
    Sounds like Alamosa.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear things are cooling off up in Alaska. 63 degrees here this morning at 7:30, that’s about the average high for these parts this time of year. Should climb to 73 later today. More seasonable highs in the 50s and 60s expected for tomorrow through next week.

No serious frost here yet. My garden is loving the no extreme temperature swings, temperate weather. Getting lots of nice lettuce and cabbage family type of produce. The blood oranges have lots of blood in them with some November and December cool to near freezing temperatures. The gulf shelf water is a bit cooler than average and that helps the flounder spawn. We just need more sun to dry things out some and that’s the forecast for the next week. Planted snow peas Sunday and they should love the cool conditions if that pattern continues.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

4. Likes clsmith131 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    We're just happy for that wood pile guys, the little stove is running hard and we're warm here.
    I fondly remember the Wyoming cold. After checking on the horses in the barn, making sure they were well fed and had plenty of water, I would return to the house and sit myself down in the heavenly warmth of the little jotul wood stove. In the pitch dark just before dawn, its glass front bathed the room in an gentle, vibrant orange glow. My Labrador snored in peaceful comfort on one side of me. On the other side sat our bunny rabbit, a wild and beautiful princess of Wyoming who had decided the life of a pampered house diva was preferable to dodging the eagles, owls and coyotes. I could hear her chittering in contentment. At those times that stove and woodpile temporarily became more loved than my flyrods...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Likes bumble54, cpiercem, ejsell liked this post

My other major hobby, besides piddling, has always been running. As a product of the Deep South, I love to run in the snow. It’s pretty rare where my main home is located.

One afternoon up at my old place near Ft. Shaw MT it was snowing with a slight breeze. I set out on a 10 mile out and back. It was great on the way out. Fluffy snow, quiet, no traffic, etc. I made the turn and the “breeze” hit me. I arrive home with six inch snoticles and my hair frozen in spikes (I had gotten warm and taken off the beanie). It was an amazing run, but I wasn’t in a hurry to repeat it. And, I learned to respect Montana weather.

8. Likes bocast, cpiercem liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bocast View Post
    I fondly remember the Wyoming cold. After checking on the horses in the barn, making sure they were well fed and had plenty of water, I would return to the house and sit myself down in the heavenly warmth of the little jotul wood stove. In the pitch dark just before dawn, its glass front bathed the room in an gentle, vibrant orange glow. My Labrador snored in peaceful comfort on one side of me. On the other side sat our bunny rabbit, a wild and beautiful princess of Wyoming who had decided the life of a pampered house diva was preferable to dodging the eagles, owls and coyotes. I could hear her chittering in contentment. At those times that stove and woodpile temporarily became more loved than my flyrods...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Memories, that what these threads can do is to bring out memories. Our stove has a clear front for which I'm grateful, you can see when you need draft or not. I have a weather station out back with a wind gauge and that helps a lot too when adjusting the stove. It was 0 this morning when I got up and around so it's warming up.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

10. Likes bocast, ejsell liked this post

Negative 10 today with wind gusts 30 - 40 mph. Wind chills -20 to -30. Plus we got around 7" of snow saturday drifting to 2-3 ft.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Had a chance yesterday to drive past a stretch of stream I fish-frozen over! Have not seen that in years. The temp at the time was 3 degrees. As I type this it's -1 outdoors, forecasters are saying a high of 37 on Wednesday and I'm planning on going trout fly fishing-not ice fishing! Hopefully the warmer temps will break the ice up some.

Denny
    Last edited by dennyk; Yesterday at 01:38 PM.

13. Likes bocast liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12