Had a little snow but still warm;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We had about 10 inches of snow over the past weekend but since then it remains warm. The rivers are far from being frozen and at the current rate it will be January again this year before any travel to the cabin will be possible. I was able to get in to move my boat docks by air, the water was way too low to take my boat.

If you never read any of these off season posts from me this cabin is situated 110 miles from my home and once I move snowmachines to the launch site it is still a 75 mile drive, same as by boat because we use the frozen (?) rivers as the trail.

I had to clean my shop up today, the boat is in there now and the Skidoo's are now cleaned up and lubed. I'm superstitious and with long rides like I take a clean snowmachine is a happy snowmachine.

Same machines from 2012, a Super wide track Scandic for pulling loads and a Tundra long track great for the woods in winter. Both will walk right up on all but the super wet snow and they get great fuel mileage.

That's my Tundra, I look forward to the first trip out to break in a trail because it is so light and easy to drive up the slope from the lake to the cabin.

Currently it's 46 degrees here and much of the snow is melting away. I stuck them back inside after I washed them up and if & when it snows to stay I'll move them out and put the covers on them so they are ready to go.

Might fish in the morning so long as we don't get freezing rain. I don't go anywhere unless I have to when that occurs.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Tim but I have a sneaking suspicion I can't afford one of them.

If we don't get hit with a schit storm I'm going fishing tomorrow to a top secret spot ;)

okaloosa

Reaction score
Nice Tim but I have a sneaking suspicion I can't afford one of them.

If we don't get hit with a schit storm I'm going fishing tomorrow to a top secret spot ;)
i always said the best piece of equipment to catch more steelhead is a good pair of snowshoes!

ia_trouter

Reaction score
One term I was not familiar with until a few years ago is "snow machine" Always just referred to them as snowmobiles until I saw something like your Tundra. They really are different than your average 48 state Polaris or Arctic Cat. That's a serious workhorse capable of working like a truck in deep snow, as witnessed by your past threads taking supplies to the cabin.