Limousin roosters

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recenty sent my friend Larry some feathers from Limousin roosters.This species is very wellknown and esteemed here.There are differences between these feathers and Metz or Whiting ones for instance-the feathers are not as long:( but their shine or gloss is better :)they don't kill the roosters but sometimes pick up the feathers:)the onwner of one of the most famous rooster farms sent me pics for you and you can visit his website(english version available)http://www.moucheguyplas.com/coqs.php

Reactions: Ard

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Jean Paul,

You have been holding out, I will overlook this since you now have opened up to all of us. Larry how could you? All joking aside this is a great find for me! I have no source other than my own inventory for the hackle known as "Furnace" by the look of this farm he has it!

For those not familiar with furnace hackle take a look at a Dark Spruce streamer, that's furnace. Real handy for dry fly hackle if you live in the North East also.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I received the feathers that JP sent to me from the Limousin roosters. They are amazing feathers when you are outside in the sun light they really put off a glow, something I have never seen before. Thanks again JP! Eat your heart out Ard! LOL!

Larry