It's been awhile!

vsyogi

Reaction score
So yeah it's been a pretty long time since I've been on the board let alone gone fishing. I decided to go fishing today after dealing with a major problem at school, apparently some genius there lost or threw away my application. I've had my eye on a certain lake by my house that always seems to have no fish in it. Well I thought I'd go and practice a few cast with a clouser I recently tied, not the best looking fly but it works.

Pretty ugly right? I still need to practice and work on my whip finishes. So I get to the lake and begin to practice. A few cast in I notice a school of Mayan cichlids running like bats out of hell. Turns out three huge Peacocks are after them, two males and one female. They catch sight of me and slowly move towards the drop off. Peacocks like to hang out on the edges of drop offs, so I get a cast a few feet past it. Making quick long strips I feel what seems like me hooking up to the edge of the drop off. Boy was I wrong, I go to give it a small tug and feel this huge explosion of power on the end of my line. It was the female Peacock and what a fight she put up, every jump was like a foot high and gave real powerful runs.