Where's Ard?

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Dan: Frank told me he headed out to his cabin, but he normally doesn't stay this long, so JP and I have also been worried. He travels by snowmachine on a river to get out there.

Larry

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't dare posting about it...but like you guys I begin worrying a lot.Has Ard got any friends or neighbours in Wasilla or Skwentna who could give news about him and Nancy.

dmwphoto

Reaction score
he told me before he went to the cabin he would be staying there a while this time. I expect he is fine. Looking forward to his return though.

Pocono

Reaction score
Just after he posted the thread on his Alaskan Lady Salmon Fly, he said that he would be out at his cabin for awhile and (implied) out of communication. I think we've all been wondering where he is; it will be a month next week. But he's a resourceful guy and I think that he may be simply enjoying his time away, rather than being in need of rescue.

Here's what he had to say on the 3rd:

"Allan,

I will tie a blue charm. I don't know whether it will be feather wing or hair wing. It may be a variation known to insiders as Ard's Blue Charm; none the less it will be recognizable as a Blue Charm.

Ard

I will be away for awhile starting tomorrow (Sunday)"

michaeln

Reaction score
Last year when I was trying to get a hold of Ard, Mark (peregrines) told me that he can sometimes be out for some time at his cabbin

Chris
If I had a cabin in Alaska, you can bet I'd spend a lot of time away from the internet.

FrankB2

Reaction score
After we find Ard, we'll have to find Waldo.... :D

Ard posted that he was going to his cabin for a couple of weeks before Christmas, and would be out of contact. He continued posting, however, so maybe he delayed his plans.

yatahey

Reaction score
I'm sure it's just a little vacation. I feel better having checked his local paper.
That is a comforting thought but not by much. This time of year he could be lost till June if something happened. I hope he's OK.
He's a big boy and very experienced.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
That is a comforting thought but not by much. This time of year he could be lost till June if something happened. I hope he's OK.
He's a big boy and very experienced.
The fact he is experienced,means he probably let someone know when he was due back. Since there is no search for him or other news related to him in his local paper tends to make me think he's likely alright. Guys often worry about becoming their father, I may be becoming my grandmother.:eek: I'll keep checking his newspaper, just in case.

arfishinbear

Reaction score
I was jsut thinking yesterday he's been away awhile, I'm sure he's at the cabin, he said something about trying to get alot done to it this year back in the fall. I hope he's ok
Bear