09/11/11 Anybody fished the White in Ark. recently ?

tango59

Reaction score
Headed to the White this week for four days and was wondering if anyone's fished it in the past few weeks.

jcw355

Reaction score
I'll be fishing the White and Norfolk this weekend. Ozarkanglers.com forum has a lot of info on these two rivers and more.

jcw355

Reaction score
I'm at the Norfolk right now. While fishing from a boat is not my idea of fly fishing, I'd rather be wading, we really have no choice because of the water generation. We are doing pretty good, I'm the only fly fisher, caught 11 on the fly rod and 11 on small crankbaits on spinning gear. No big ones but we have caught the 4 different trout that are in the Norfolk. Only one brook trout and I didn't catch it. I did catch a cutbow. Looked like a nice rainbow then I saw the markings under the jaw. Maybe they had some cross breeding at the hatchery, I should have taken a pic of that one.

cragrat

Reaction score
thats funny, i was out on oct 8-9 around pj's and caught a cutbow as well. never seen one before, pretty cool. the water levels are lower an the fishing was awesome on that sunday. wish i could get up there more often.

racine

Reaction score
I just got back Sunday after 4 days fishing Norfork in and out of a canoe and then Rim Shoals from a boat. Fishing was good to great depending on what the generation was like- mostly low water on both. I fished dry flies on Sunday and had a blast. I wish I could have stayed longer but then there's next March.