PDA

View Full Version : Worm Pattern

fshfanatic
04-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I am not a huge fan of the "San Juan Worm" patterns, but this one is wicked cool!
http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/010305fotw.html

Curtis
04-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Hey, I have been tying that one for quite some time now. I even posted a photo of it on FFF. THIEFS!!!

ffjones
04-07-2005, 12:40 AM
i tie one like that but they are white or green and i always considered them a caterpiller.(that way i can consider them an emerger) ;-)

Gordon Bryson
04-08-2005, 08:22 PM
There's another worm pattern designed by Fox Statler that is rather interesting. Check FlyAnglersOnline (FAOL), go to the Fly of the Week Archives and look for 4th quarter of 2003. It's listed as the Drifting Oligochaete Worm. I'm sorry I couldn't get the url to copy and paste.

HotShot
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
That 'Bow Juan Worm' is cool. If you don't want it to sink fast, tie with "Lava Lace" type material. Vary it with 2 - 3 colors?
In His Love,
Clyde

hydropsyche
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys. I'm the origninator of the Bow Juan Worm. I just found these postings and see claims that people have been tying similar flies for years.

I swear I've never seen anything similar before and came up with it all on my own. However, I wouldn't be surprised if others have thought of this before. As they say, there are no original flies anymore.

Anyway, if you've been tying similar flies for years, I sure would like to see them.