Sage SLT Sale

hardhat

Reaction score
Good info, I have been tempted by those. I notice that they have Scierra IC3 rods for $149 also. These are very good bang for the buck rods that cast and feel like much more expensive equipment.

hardhat

Reaction score
Hey Philthy,
I was just up in your area fishing some of the streams in the northern part of the state. While in Albuquerque in met William Frangos. William and Ray Shewnack wrote a book called "49 Trout Streams of New Mexico". It is a very nicely done book (one look and I had to buy it). It has photos, maps, written directions and a story about their fishing experience on the various streams in NM. Anybody wanting to learn more about fishing streams in NM or wanting a excellently photographed documentary of NM would find this very informitive. What I understand also is that William is an expert at fly tying. Beautiful state with excellent fly fishing!

philthy

Reaction score
Hardhat,

Another good book is the Flyfisher's Guide to New Mexico. Not many pics, but lots of detail. You're right about NM, I really consider myself fortunate to be living here! I'm looking forward to cooler weather (even though it's in the low 90s now) and better fishing in a month or so. Seems the water's gin clear and the fishing tough just about everywhere now.

Phil