PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Riffles, Run and Pool

mcnerney
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
For the beginner Fly Fishers out there, here is an excellent YouTube video by Tim Landweh giving instruction on how to read the water and fish a riffle, run and pool.
YouTube - Tight Lines Fly Fishing Lesson-How to read the water

Larry

FrankB2
07-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Good selection, Larry. I like all of Tim Landwehr's videos.

mcnerney
07-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Good selection, Larry. I like all of Tim Landwehr's videos.

Frank: I agree all of Tim's videos are really well done.

Larry

Tracker12
07-10-2010, 05:29 PM
how do you locate all his videos on youtube

mcnerney
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
how do you locate all his videos on youtube

Tracker: Probably the easiest is to open YouTube and then do a search for
Tim Lansehr. Check this out:
YouTube - Tim Landwehr (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tim+Landwehr&aq=f)

Larry

FrankB2
07-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Whenever you want to see more videos, just click on the username. All of
the person's video will appear on the next page.

Tracker12
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Got it. Thanks Frank.

wjc
07-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Larry,

That was a good video. I would not recommend a bright yellow hat when fishing either flats or that type of stream though.

That could well have been the photographer's doing, however. A friend of mine is a well known outdoor photographer who brings scarfs, hats and even shirts with him for the angler to put on at the end of the fight if he can get him to.

During the fight, he'll come up behind you and put that stupid scarf on then get ready and, if it's a tarpon, he'll say "OK I'm ready, make him jump - but let me know when he's coming up". Like the sole reason we go fishing if for him to take pictures.

One day another friend of mine got so pissed at him while catching a permit that he got between Hans and the fish and threw it back in before Hans got a picture. It is hysterical to get each one to tell the story about what an ahole the other was being on that trip.

Nothing like fishing.

Cheers,
Jim

mcnerney
07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Larry,

That was a good video. I would not recommend a bright yellow hat when fishing either flats or that type of stream though.

That could well have been the photographer's doing, however. A friend of mine is a well known outdoor photographer who brings scarfs, hats and even shirts with him for the angler to put on at the end of the fight if he can get him to.

During the fight, he'll come up behind you and put that stupid scarf on then get ready and, if it's a tarpon, he'll say "OK I'm ready, make him jump - but let me know when he's coming up". Like the sole reason we go fishing if for him to take pictures.

One day another friend of mine got so pissed at him while catching a permit that he got between Hans and the fish and threw it back in before Hans got a picture. It is hysterical to get each one to tell the story about what an ahole the other was being on that trip.

Nothing like fishing.

Cheers,
Jim

Jim: Thanks for sharing that was a funny story!

Larry

bekiu002
07-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Tim Landwehr's videos were a big help when I was first learning to fly cast and this video on reading the water was a big help my first time up.
I have seen a member on this forum who wears a bright clown wig once and a while; yellow hat can't be much worse.....can it?
Cabot