Upper Peninsula Spring Steelhead Video 2013

pryal74

Reaction score
If you fish the great lakes for Steelhead, you already know, our 2013 Spring season was significantly shortened. Despite the lessened season, I was able to get enough footage (and fish) to make another video.

The Steelhead season was very productive, but relatively short compared to 2012. 2012 was the best year I have had for steel.

I haven't shared this video much since I uploaded it, but I am sure everyone will like it. I enjoy everyone's responses to them. Hope you enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmXAUHodZuc]Upper Peninsula of Michigan Spring Steelhead 2013 Into The Wild Fly Fishing Guide Service - YouTube[/ame]

dean_mt

Reaction score
Awesome, James! I haven't fished the UP for many years, love that tea-stained water! My family still lives in SW Michigan, one of these times when I go back to visit I'm going to schedule enough time to come up there and fish with you. Are you mostly guiding wading anglers or do you float as well?

pryal74

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I am not putting these videos up to promote anything. I just enjoy creating and sharing them... AND fly fishing to make them... of course.

I rarely ever float anymore. Most of the rivers in the U.P. do not support drifting. (low water or smaller streams/rivers/creeks) Yes, their ARE places where you CAN and FEW where it's really needed. Mostly, I wade. I actually take a canoe to some places. I can stand in it, cast while standing in it, it's quiet, easy to maneuver and just plain fun to fish in.

Almost every river in the U.P. is small enough to not even need or have a practical purpose for a spey or switch.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I am not putting these videos up to promote anything. I just enjoy creating and sharing them... AND fly fishing to make them... of course.
Hi James,

I am guessing by this last post that you received a PM from me suggesting you become a business sponsor here with the forum.

I have tried ever since you registered here to persuade you to become a sponsor but that has never happened.

If you really wanted to 'share' you would be an active member posting to threads from new members who have questions about fly fishing.

If you were not promoting anything, your posts would not contain videos and still photographs of fish that include your Business Name and Link leading to Into The Wild Guiding.

You are a business who posts promotional videos on the forum. In your posting history a full 90% of your post are to your own threads all of which contained your business contact information.

Somehow people who post links to their private business or blogs believe they are helping the forum or in some other way making this a better forum.

The owners of the forum and the administrators of it unfortunately do not see any advantage in this relationship for the forum. Where could you post videos and a signature with your business link that would have the possibility of 6500 views every day? Where could you post videos with your business name attached that would have 3 million, (3,000,000) visits each year?

The North American Fly Fishing Forum would be the web entity for those kind of numbers. I would ask that you consider doing what many others who wanted to see if advertising with the forum would help them to gain exposure for their businesses, and become a business member here.

I am sorry to be so direct, we had the opportunity to message via the PM system here but you chose to respond on your thread. I will close asking that you consider being fair to this forum.

Ard Stetts

pryal74

Reaction score
I'm not trying to make waves so to speak, but I do comment on threads.

I have never once posted photos with my business name on them.

Sorry you feel so strongly.

rockriver

Reaction score
Jim,

I like all of your post and I live up here. Ard is correct that all of your posts that I am aware of have the email address to "Into the Wild" that you own. Fair is fair and you do get a lot of exposure here; however, I really don't know if you get any customers from this forum. I do know that your reputation up here as a guide is top notch. I've never heard anyone say one negative thing about you, only positives, so I hope you stick around. I do know that I'd reccommend you as a guide if your fishing the U.P. Thanks for your input here, and someday, I hope to meet you.

Rock

pryal74

Reaction score
I completely see his point. If he asked me to remove my web address, I would kindly do so. I was never asked or even told so. And no, I have never had an offer for a client on here.

Like I said before, I don't intentionally broadcast anything about being a guide.

I apologize if it hurts anyone.

I enjoy posting here and reading and posting on the threads here.