The smell of skunk....

stimulator2

Reaction score
The weekend was here fishing Saturday morning was a go Ann was headed to work and said it's raining (good fishing will be good in my semi-awake state,then lightening and thunder).I get up rain has stopped look out acroos the bottom and the creek is coffee colored (with cream in it)I watched some tv then nope going somewhere fishing i don't care.I get to the stream couple miles down the road and can make out afew rocks in the bottom but water was dirty.Rigged up a Stonefly nymph and a San Juan Worm the third hole and i catch 4 rainbow out of this dirty water within an hour i have caught 16 and called it quits.Sunday morning clear ,cool and beautiful I hit a streach of stream i like.

I could do nothing right,hung in trees ,hung in bottom,lost flies ,going through some good water and no strikes,then i saw one chase the nymph rig and no strike, i could smell the skunk coming i'm not going to get the first fish today,how long has it been when i didin't at least catch one,i couldn't remember.Then it happen a solid strike ,hooked up with a decent rainbow ,he made a run then limp went the line the middle trailer hook just came untied from the front nymph,lost two more nymphs.This is where i should quit but i retied and two holes later.

The stench was off with this 13" brown,soon after i a smaller one.

Caught 5 more fish and called it good before i lost more nymphs,turned out to be a good morning with 7 to hand and no skunk.