New Guy....

huntschool

Reaction score
Thought I would say hello.....

Lacated currently in Sourthenmost Illinois I fish warm water here but do my trout thing in Missouri and Tennessee.

I have been using the "long rod" since about 1958. I grew up in the North East and fished some of what are considered the "Blue Ribbon" streams there as a youth, Willowemoc, Schoharie, Neversink, Flatbrook, Deleware and many other Catskill area waters back in the day when you might not see more then two other folks on the river.

Came to the midwest for school and stayed because of the quail hunting. That has changed now but I am still here and now retired. Wife and I do most of our trout stuff in Missouri and East Tennessee. We are looking at investigating the White River in Arkansas during the Christmas season this year.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Bruce: Welcome to the forum! Glad you have joined in and looking forward to hearing about your fishing adventures.

williamhj

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Do you have any bass opportunities close to home? They are fun on a fly rod.

huntschool

Reaction score
Willamhj:

Yes, in fact about 200 ft. from the house..... LOL. We have taken up to 6 lb. fish out of it along with a constant stream of blue gills. Thats fun on a 2 wt. It’s not a big lake by any means but nice for the "back yard".. I am less than 45 minutes from Rend lake and Crab Orchard, Little Grassy, Lake of Egypt and Devils Kitchen are just a hop away. I can also be on the Ohio River and its back waters in 30 minutes. KY and Barkley Lake are within an hour. This is all large mouth. Some of the close Missouri water is good smallie water.

Southernmost Iillinois is a bit strange in that we have little "flowing" water unless it rains. Many of our lake situations are there by the grace of God and rainfall...... (I could show you pictures of our intermittent streams that would make you drool trout.... when we have had a good rain but no trout.)

To everyone else: Thanks for the welcome......