Rock Creek FLY TIME!!

smallieman

Reaction score
Today I got out and spent the day at Rock Creek at one of my access spots. Today the creek was perfect. I started the day out at 7am and fished to 1pm. I was out with my new 3wt fly rod and I was using a fly I tied called a Copper Johnny. The fish I picked up today were Common Shinners, Redhorses, Chubs, Suckers, Smallies and Suckers and a Few Bluegill. The fish were endless. I must have caught over 100 fish today but most of them were what you guys call bait size but never the less still fun on a 3wt. The smallies were what I caught the most today all ranging from 2 inches to 16 inches and its pretty amazing that a 16 inch smallie would eat a size 14 hook. But I hope you enjoy the photos not many my camera did die but here is what I got before I went. Oh also I was accused of trespassing again from this clown that owns some boys camp and he called the police he told me. I said I will wait for them to get in their canoe and give me a ticket. They never showed and he sat on his chair on the side of the creek to see if I went on the banks because he said he can shoot me then. I fished that area for an hour while he sat there and got bored and creeped out so I made my way back to the car. Thought I share……

Till next time friends.

charged

Reaction score
I must have caught over 100 fish today but most of them were what you guys call bait size but never the less still fun on a 3wt]
Don't worry, I'm stuck in the same region, and will post a few picks to take the bait pressure off of you.

I think your doing pretty well, I've seen your pics on various forums and you always find nice fish.

Last edited: