Talented fly tier turns thief

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
That is a fly tyer who is really passionate about his work.

True story. At the shop, there is a stuffed Whiting rooster. It is there to show where different hackles come from. The feathers on it are beautiful. We noticed people plucking feathers off of it. So we put a glass case over it. People still plucked feathers from it. Finally the rooster was placed on a high shelf. Problem solved.

MP

Jimmie

Reaction score
I apologize in advance, but I've got to get it off my chest.

Proof that a guy will finally snap if he tries to tie that much material on a hook :D

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I'm sure all of us have at one time or another looked at a friends pet bird, or maybe the dog with less than honest thoughts running through our little brains. What seperate us from this guy is we keep it just our naughty little thoughts. Oh, and he ties better than us. I would like to see the skins he got though, wouldn't you?

laurie

Reaction score
This story hit our national news papers big time.

What the guy did is not excusable, he really must have had a passion for dressing fully dressed patterns.
My feelings on this is we are all allowed to make a mistake in life and boy did he do that good and proper.
the funny thing is he is going to be famous from now on,maybe not for the right reasons but i bet his flies will command good money in years to come.
What he now needs is someone to mentor him and encourage him to stay on the right path and develop his talent in a useful way.
lets hope he has learned his lesson
Laurie

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Take a deeeeep breath Fellows. 90++% of the world doesn't look at you that way in the least tiny bit. "Our Government?" Perhaps another question......:rolleyes:

A large percentage of 'Europeans' are very scoped in on 'Politics,' and think 'we' are too. It comes as a cool bath to find out that the bulk of us couldn't name our two US Senators, let alone whose in Congress 'representing' us.

(Can you?):rolleyes:

Are we becoming more so? Without question.

I'll spare you the rest of my thoughts.:popcorn:

fae

nerka

Reaction score
To me, as a salmon fisherman who depends on the resource as a primary source of food and enjoyment... the flies look nice but I dont think they would catch any more fish that the stuff I tied for about 30cents a piece from the local fly shop. Tying flies for art is one thing but the practicality of the whole thing makes me think this whole scenario is a waste.