Echo Carbon Fly Rods

TAT

Reaction score
New guy here. I was going to buy a new 5 wt. 9' Echo 1 fly rod this season. My Echo 3wt. is pure heaven in those small streams and creeks. I love it. I went to the Echo site and lo and behold they don't have it listed any more. They do however have the Echo Carbon ($169.00 sugg. retail) along with an overall expansion of their entire product line. Can't stop progress I guess.

Anybody shed some light on this rod? Anybody cast with it yet? Is it worth the extra $20? Or should I just seek out an Echo 1?

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Cant help ya on the rods, just saying welcome to the board.
If their rods aint any better then the reels,,,,,,,,,,, good luck lol
Bear

mojo

Reaction score
New guy here. I was going to buy a new 5 wt. 9' Echo 1 fly rod this season. My Echo 3wt. is pure heaven in those small streams and creeks. I love it. I went to the Echo site and lo and behold they don't have it listed any more. They do however have the Echo Carbon ($169.00 sugg. retail) along with an overall expansion of their entire product line. Can't stop progress I guess.

Anybody shed some light on this rod? Anybody cast with it yet? Is it worth the extra $20? Or should I just seek out an Echo 1?
Looks like your model has been replaced. It happens. Sage has been known to do that once in a great while.
Just help the economy and shell out the twenty extra.