Peacock Winged Wet

Flityer

Reaction score
Was looking over my fly collection and liked the looks of a wet fly Ted Patlin traded me for some of mine . So I set down to the vise and whipped a few of them up. It is a peacock winged wet this one tied on a mustad 3906B size 6 with a some what longish wing , can't wait to give it a go maybe take one to a brookie stream and let them beat up on it a bit.:)

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice wets Allen,

I use very similar flies for trout and char here and when in Pennsylvania the March brown / Hares Ear wets were always good for tugs. Nice little layout for the picture too..........

Ard

Flityer

Reaction score
Thank you Ard ! Love to swing wets when there is nothing going on on top of course and I'm with you on the march brown and hares ear , they are a good bet when nothing is happening .
Do you fish Pa. a lot and where do you fish when you come down? I live on the Brodheads where I cut my teeth fly fishing over 30 years ago.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Allen,

Short on time right now but will PM when I come home about Pennsylvania fishing. It's been seven years since I have had the pleasure to fish in my old haunts.

Ard

Flityer

Reaction score
Thank you Wovenstonefly and futuramille !
On these I tried a couple of different tinsels the wide one is lagartun embossed gold and the ones to the right are done with gold medium oval french tinsel.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Very sharp!

With "peacock winged", I thought maybe it was going to be more like one I tie with peacock sword for the wing and tail.

(real camera > blackberry)

The hackle's guinea there, but I also tie them smaller and use partridge.

Flityer

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words ! And thank you BigCliff for posting your fly it's a great looking pattern indeed ! I'll have to tye a few of those up and give them a go for steelhead.:)

Pocono

Reaction score
Allen,

I didn't know that you were on this forum - good to have you here!

Nice winged wets!

Pocono (Allan Jarvis - from the past two year's Broadhead TU fly tying lessons - and last week's Somerset, NJ Fly Fishing show).

Flityer

Reaction score
Hi Allan,

I registered here a year or two ago and started posting , I got caught up in a bunch of other boards and kind of drifted away. This site has grown so much since I was last here , it's great to see.