Tough week on the Miramichi last week

gt05254

Reaction score
Bridget was top rod with 3 salmon, 2 grilse:
[/IMG]

I squeaked into the biggest fish category with this 22 pounder:
[/IMG]

But even a tough week on the Miramichi is better than most anything else I can think of.
Gary

Reaction score
that is a beauty atlantic! What pattern did you get it on Gary? One of your own?

I'm finally gonna get to swing your flies i bought last year for steelhead in a month or so. Had to cancel my trip last year due to the baby being sick. Still have them in the packages!

gt05254

Reaction score
Bridget's were on a variation of the General Practioner I tie, developed by a friend, and also my "claretized" version of the Golden Pheasant Spey, both size 8. Mine came on my first cast of the day to a size 10 orange Sneaky.

Hope you have a great trip, Eunan!
Gary

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Gary: Congrats on the gorgeous fish! Tough week or not the outcome dealt you guys some nice fish.

Larry

milt spawn

Reaction score
Gary, for us mere mortals that would be a fish of a lifetime... for you it's just fish of the week!:thumbsup: milt.

gt05254

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. All I can say is the Miramichi is a wonderful river, home to one of the wonders of the world, the atlantic salmon!
Gary

gatortransplant

Reaction score
I'm with WT on this one... despite the limited number of fish, looks like you guys got some beauties!!! That 22#er is a fine fish Gary!

Eunan, I know where you're headed, and it's one HECK of a season for it. If I can get a free day in, I'll meet you there since I missed you in Philly.

L

Liphookedau

Hi Gary.
Lovely Fish,nice & Silver.
Have to see if I can fit in Fishing The Miramachi next Trip.
Brian.