Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default PEI Watershed Alliance Power Point Slide Show: PEI Fish Kills Causes and Solutions

Hello,

http://www.uoguelph.ca/farmsmart/con...Shawn_Hill.pdf

I don't want to appear to be an alarmist or downer with Fish Kill threads. I just feel I need to to provide accurate information, and voice my concerns about the future of riparian ecology and fresh water ways in PEI.

The link above is a nice balanced 44 slide power point style presentation summing things up. Lots of info., many beautiful images of why PEI is a popular tourism destination and some images of very large brookie casualties (slide #21, 22). The show is recent and up to date and gives a nice snap shot of what's going on.

Send good Juju our way, that we get this problem cleared up.

peace
    phil
    "Whale oil beef hooked !"- Traditional east coast fishermen saying

2. Likes salmotrutta2013 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PEI Watershed Alliance Power Point Slide Show: PEI Fish Kills Causes and Solution

Thanks for putting this up Phil,

I am short of time right now but will take a look and then post back to the thread.

Ard

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Wow,

I know it doesn't help but those were some beautiful brook trout. What a shame, what is the prognosis at this time?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

4. Likes noreaster liked this post

Default Re: PEI Watershed Alliance Power Point Slide Show: PEI Fish Kills Causes and Solution

That's a terrific but sad synopsis of what going on on your island. Anyone who sees those tremendous brookies and realizes how long it took for them to reach those proportions should be dismayed and outraged . You live in a beautiful place with great fish and hopefully the government will step up their efforts to protect this resource. Thank you Phil for showing us something that's not so pleasant to view but that needs some serious attenion!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

6. Likes Ard, noreaster liked this post