First time in Novia Scotia

802flyfish

Reaction score
Going to be heading to northern Maine toward the end of June. Was thinking about maybe exploring NoVia Scotia for a week. What kind of fishing can I respect towards the end of June? Is there anything in particular that's fishing while I'm out there? Any feedback would be appreciated.

mirabelasunshine

Reaction score
I was in Cape Breton in June in 2000 and found good brook trout fishing in some of the upper Margaree tribs. Don't think there were any salmon around yet. Lots of fat wild brookies in the 8-11" range, though. We weren't really there to fish, but it was a nice perk.

802flyfish

Reaction score
Thanks.

I'll be doing the Allagash so I figured I might as well come up and do some fishing. Fishing lisence looks really reasonable.

bassguitarplayer

Reaction score
I have relatives in Nova Scotia and if I ever have the time/money to make it up there again I'd also like to do some fly fishing. We used to do deep sea fishing with hand line back in the 80's (before you needed a license) but I've never fished the rivers. I know there USED to be trout in the rivers there but I don't know if there are anymore, so any insight would be welcome to me as well.

Red Owl

Reaction score
What about Atlantic Salmon? When is the best time and what rivers are open to the public? :cool: