Abaco bonefishing film

jmc5000

Reaction score
Great video. Do you guide in Abaco or do you know if Johan does? I'll be down there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Jerry

jpfxi

Reaction score
Great video. Do you guide in Abaco or do you know if Johan does? I'll be down there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Jerry
Hi.
Glad u liked the film!
I'm Johan, the guy in the video, and the guy who made it... I do not guide there, but I do know the waters pretty well.
If you are looking for a guide I would advise you go to Cherokee (small town)and ask for Randy Sawyer, Marty Sawyer, Donnie Lowe or Garth Albury. All very skilled BF guides.
If you'd like you can PM me and I'll give you some pointers;-)

J

jpfxi

Reaction score
Nice video Johan! That looks like iMovie video editing to me, is that what it is? I love videos like these, they make me want to both go fishing AND videotape it. Oh and the fishing looked fun too :D
Thanks man.
Yes, have used iMovie for the editing job. And YES, the fishing was fun fun fun..;-)This was the second movie I've made using it and have to say it was real easy to work with. It is not easy both videotaping and fishing at the same time, but using a GoPro, along with different types of mounts made it a lot easier! But of course, 80% of what I managed to get on film turned out to be sh@it..
Will try and get the time to make a "Chasing tails in Abaco II" after my next trip in Nov/Dec.

J

bonefishonthefly

Reaction score
Hi Johan;

Great video. I am heading to Abaco on November 8th for a week and would like to do some DIY fishing for bones. I have fished on many of the other Bahamian islands but this will be my first time to Abaco. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks