The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Bahamas Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 03-09-2015, 10:04 PM

wjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andros Island guide

Thanks, Steve and Clogrenane. That's quite a writeup that Bradley did.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:08 PM

wjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond reputewjc has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a writeup to the trip on another thread here about fly lines. It was actually horrible and I'm glad to be back. I caught no bones had one bump and two hard looks at the fly and left 4 days early. It was not a pleasant DIY trip.

New Flats Fly Lines
Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post
Old 01-08-2017, 04:31 PM

bluechipfish is on a distinguished road

Hey guys. I have spent a ton of time in Andros, and have an interesting DIY setup to spotlight. My friend down there, Jerry, rents a beautiful house on Fresh Creek. If you're going to fish, he can make sure he includes a 13 ft. Whaler for your use. The boat is slipped right at the property, and you can watch tarpon roll right out front, and there's awesome flats 25 yds beyond that where you'll see tailing bones!

There's not a ton of info on Andros and I think a lot of people think they need to get a guide etc. A guide on a day or two is certainly helpful, but for someone with a bit of experience, it's all right there.

Just figured I would put this up for you guys in case anyone's considering a trip. Jerry will make sure you're taken care of the whole time, and is a great tour guide.

Here's the house. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8322957?s=6eVdpIY7

I should add, Jerry's cousin is one of the best guides on the island.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:13 PM

moucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant futuremoucheur2003 has a brilliant future

New Bahamas regulations this year prohibit 2 or more people from going out in a boat together unless one is a licensed guide. Also newly required this year are fishing licenses for all anglers, but the law is so new there are hardly any places to buy them. Makes a budget-minded DIY trip with buddies rather more difficult than it used to be.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:15 AM

bluechipfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
New Bahamas regulations this year prohibit 2 or more people from going out in a boat together unless one is a licensed guide. Also newly required this year are fishing licenses for all anglers, but the law is so new there are hardly any places to buy them. Makes a budget-minded DIY trip with buddies rather more difficult than it used to be.
I have seen some of those regs. The good news is that there's lots of wading to be done right there. Jerry's well connected and I'm sure can get some great rates with his cousin that guides with small hope bay as well. I know we're also all supposed to play by the book, but I think you'd be hard pressed to run into any fisheries enforcement in Fresh Creek. This is the kind of place where you can be hard pressed to run into ANYONE during the course of your fishing... let alone the law. I've never come into contact with anyone but police and immigration.. and they were not interested in talking about fishing. Just sayin'.

Editors note- Don't take this as encouragement to break the law