Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Honeymoon in Nassau at Sandals. need some opinions

Default Honeymoon in Nassau at Sandals. need some opinions

getting married in June of this year and our Honeymoon is going to be in the Bahamas at Sandals. was planning on taking a day trip to Abaco for a bonefishing trip but with the amount of time we are going to be there I have decided against it.
    so I am thinking now that I am going to take a bit of gear with me and just fish from the shore just to be able to at least say I fished in the Bahamas. I know im not going to probably catch much but that's what I would like to do.

could anyone give me some ideas on what I should take? rod and reel weight and flies in particular

Default Re: Honeymoon in Nassau at Sandals. need some opinions

Bonefish are the popular target of choice.

Why not take a guide trip from Nassau ....there are options there, I stayed with friends and took a trip and got into some nice Bones. There are a few spots you can fish from the beach. .....Google Earth is your friend.

Buddy unless you're future bride Fly fishes ... I'd suggest plan a short trip to Bahamas after you're wedding ,honeymoon lol
    Just a thought , take care of her , bite the bullet , shop, party, jet ski, and treat her like a queen , ...... make her honeymoon about her , .. it will pay you twofold in the future lol, flights in and out of Bahamas are cheap.... had a buddy go duck hunting on a weekend getaway w/ his wife and she never let him forget it ....lol my 2-Cents lol. .....enjoy buddy

Airborne ( David)

4. Likes quest4adv, dennyk, littledavid123 liked this post

luked, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I'd be more then tempted to fish, but IMHO I think Airborne (David) is spot on.
    I've been married almost 30 years, I think skipping the fishing for now will pay dividends later!

Good Luck in whatever you choose!

Denny

Blog Entries

My wife and I only go on a "vacation" every few years...aka back to Maui or Kauai.

She always asks why I don't bring the golf clubs or fly rods....women will tell you they want you to fish but really they're thinking you selfish sob, you're gonna never live this down if you do go.

Enjoy the wedding and hit a 3 day weekend trip with the buddies after, you'll be better off in the long run.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

7. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

Mmmm starting to see the error of my ways reading everyone else's responses.

Just tell her it's a guided boat trip around the island and take her with you ....she will see a bunch of marine life that she would never see otherwise.

Or just accept your life is over now.

Married 24yrs now, we didn't get a honeymoon, my wife was fired the week we got married and we had to go into penny pinching mode. I've never lived that down but we'd have never survived, financially, had I not made that call.
    My suggestion is to take a rod, take a reel and a few flies, TELL HER you are bringing them and you just want to be able to say you fished the Bahamas. Do not book anything, just go with the flow. If the two of you are chilling on the beach and you see some fish see how she reacts. Maybe she's cool with sipping on a cocktail and watching you fish an hour or so, maybe she's not. But I don't care who tells you otherwise, the wedding and honeymoon are all about HER! PERIOD! Anything you do, intentionally or not, will haunt your ass the rest of your marriage, maybe even beyond! Now days my wife would be somewhat alright with it, but not when we first got married!
    Good luck to you.