The goodies just don't stop! Found another Boo!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
This was another custom build from years back and in perfect shape:D:D:D ... only have ZERO idea what line weight. Any reasonable idea(s) how to figure out what it may be?

This one is obviously heavier than the last so my guess is a 6/7, but that's just a guess.

Fred

Hirdy

Reaction score
only have ZERO idea what line weight. Any reasonable idea(s) how to figure out what it may be?
It might sound obvious, but how about putting a few different lines over it and picking the best fit for you?

If there's no label on it, you get to choose what line weight it is. :)

Cheers,
Graeme

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Besides the obvious effort of trying different lines you could use the common cents system.

The Common Cents System

Regards,
Tim C.
Thanks Tim! I'd forgotten all about this web site; good way to narrow it down. As for just putting lines on same this is a 'no can do.' 95-98 per cent of my fishing is with 2hander rods so single hander lines are minimal. Not to mention they would be well behind today's products.

Tried to get ahold of Steve Godshall (known world wide for his custom lines) but no joy.

bob3700

Reaction score
Exactly, I just looked through the closet in my man cave and no custom built bamboo rods I forgot about to be found. Perhaps we should have some built now so we can find them later. :)
That is one of the advantages of the "Golden Years". You forget about the cool toys you purchased and put away. Then, you go looking, and it is like Christmas all over again as you rediscover the excellent choice you made but forgot!

Ask me how I know that!