Bamboo Raffle Winner

mka

Reaction score
I made a decision late last year to not buy any rods/reels in 2017 and was beginning to regret that commitment...because I like new stuff:) Well, I feel better now. At our New Mexico Trout Conclave this weekend I won a very nice vintage Bamboo rod...a no name, 8' 4wt rod that is actually much prettier than the picture below.

This is the second year in a row that I have won a bamboo rod at that event.:frogdance

When I went up to pick up the rod after my raffle ticket was drawn, the club president told me they had it out on the casting field earlier and was amazed how nice it was at casting...he said they were easily hitting all three targets with it and was impressed with the rod and its action. I don't know anything about the rod's history, haven't talked to the person who donated the rod, but hope to contact him in a future club meeting to learn more about it.

I think I'll take it on my road trip to Arizona in March to catch my first Gila Trout with it....Steve (aka, JeepsterII) and I have plans to meet in southern AZ for Gila trout fishing and I'm looking forward to that trip very much! Steve knows much more about bamboo than me and i'll be curious to hear his thoughts on it.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
At our New Mexico Trout Conclave this weekend I won a very nice vintage Bamboo rod...a no name, 8' 4wt

I think I'll take it on my road trip to Arizona in March to catch my first Gila Trout with it....Steve (aka, JeepsterII) and I have plans to meet in southern AZ for Gila trout fishing and I'm looking forward to that trip very much! Steve knows much more about bamboo than me and i'll be curious to hear his thoughts on it.
That'll be awesome to bloody that rod on a gila trout. Can't wait to see it. I'll bring a 3wt blonde.