Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
  1. Default Value granger bamboo rods

I have 2 bamboo rods by granger. Can any one help me with the value one is a special the other is a victory?
    Thanks max

Blog Entries

Default Re: Value granger bamboo rods

I know this may sound trite but the value is in how well a particular rod works. The only one (Granger) I have experience with is the Aristocrat 5 /6 weight. They are very nice fishing rods and in mint shape can sell for 450.00 or there about. By mint I mean no set, perfect varnish and cork, tube with labels, mint.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Arrow Re: Value granger bamboo rods

Ard is correct you do not provide enough information for anyone to give you a value.

Granger rods of those two tapers have multiple models There are 6 models of the special and 4 models of the victory. Each model within the taper has it's own value. That value is only if the rod, tube and sock is in excellent or mint condition.

If the rod show signs of wear or has bad wraps, wrong color wraps or has been repaired, had guides replaced or was refurbished/revarnished or if it is shorter than specs or the cork is worn or many other considerations like if it is a two tip rod and you only have one tip or you are missing the original tube or original sock then the price/value goes down considerably.

If you want a value estimate you should try one of the Bamboo rod forums but be prepared with pictures of the rods, the tubes and the socks. They will need close-up pictures especially of any markings or writing on the rod and tube, you should also measure the rod length and weigh the rod in order for someone to give you a reasonable estimate.

Regards,

Tim C.

4. Likes Ard liked this post