Any info on this bamboo rod?

jmj3esq

Reaction score
I found this in my garage. Its been sitting there for years. I just now got to looking at it. There are no markings on the rod its. Its a 9' rod and it fairly heavy. Its a 3 piece. Can anyone help me out? The only markings or info is on the rod sleeve pictured below/ It cant decipher much besides the rod length. I have never seen the logo. Looks to be barely used or brand new.

rsagebrush

Reaction score
Probably a Montgomery Ward.

Post it on the Classic Fly Rod Forum and you will most likely get a definitive answer.

jayr

Reaction score
Hang in there....... boo guys sleep late..... lol.

......... pc:cool:

This is a repeat of a post the OP made just the other day. They are the exact same pics but he has worded this post a bit differently than the previous one. Click on my link in my post above.

Something tells me he is trying to sell it but since he has a low post count, he can't. Looks like he's trying to solicit offers in order to get around the forum rules to me.

jmj3esq

Reaction score
Real nice place you guys have around here. I wont be coming back. I did post this in ANOTHER forum. I was told to try out the bamboo forum. which I have now did. And now I'm punished by more of you guys. My prerogative for the rod is none of your business. Instead of your needless badgering, just say I cant help you. Again I don't need this amateurish ****.

By the way, I would out fish most of you on any given day on any given river. See on a stream sometime. thanks again for all the "wisdom". I could have got this much info from a simple ebay search. Good day!

rsagebrush

Reaction score
Testy today. You received good advice, post it on the Classic Fly Rod Forum for an answer. This is not really a great bamboo enthusiast site.

I am happy you are a good fisherman.

jayr

Reaction score
Real nice place you guys have around here. I wont be coming back. I did post this in ANOTHER forum. I was told to try out the bamboo forum. which I have now did. And now I'm punished by more of you guys. My prerogative for the rod is none of your business. Instead of your needless badgering, just say I cant help you. Again I don't need this amateurish ****.

By the way, I would out fish most of you on any given day on any given river. See on a stream sometime. thanks again for all the "wisdom". I could have got this much info from a simple ebay search. Good day!
Before you go off shooting your mouth, you might want to find out that the bamboo rod forum you were referenced to is a completely different web site. And the word forum is another reference for web site.

And you're not being punished, I frankly don't know how that could occur other than having your posts deleted or blocked.

Whether you can outfish me or anyone else is nothing that bothers or concerns me, I frankly could care less. Instead of getting defensive, why don't you increase your knowledge about the word forum.......:rolleyes:

Also, if you would care to read this *forums* rules, you would have seen proper etiquette is to post first on the new member section.