Heddon "Ideal"

billmcc56

Reaction score
I have my grandfathers Heddon Ideal split bamboo fly rod and I would like more info on it. I have been unable to find any info on the Ideal. It has been professionally restored by Jesse Brown's Outdoors in Charlotte, NC. it is 3 piece with an extra tip, each section is 36 3/4ths inch long.

Attachments

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome to our forum :)

I've never had this model but am willing to guess it will cast a DT 6 or a #5 if you like long casts. What a nice looking rod!

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Revisiting this thread, I didn't see the what's it worth post until tonight.

It appears to be in fine condition but we are not in the business of valuing vintage rods, some here could but if I were the OP I'd be keeping that one. The mere pittance of cash that rod will bring isn't going to make or break the future. I followed that link and see that it's for sale. The combined fees from eBay & Pay Pal on $200 along with the collected shipping will be; $30.42 so the take home is $183.78. I'd take up fly fishing before selling Pappy's rod for that price.

scotty macfly

Reaction score
I will say that being a Heddon, not that there's anything wrong with Heddon rods, but the worth of the rod in terms of money, it won't be as much as you're probably hoping.