Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Granger Special 1938

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    As for the length, you could always measure it.
    Now THAT'S a wonderful idea!!!! LOL!!!!! My head is spinning from all the things I'm buying regarding fly fishing. It's crrrrrazy......but fun!!

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by scotty macfly View Post
    Yeah, you'll need a hefty reel to balance that tree. I don't know where you live in Colorado, but if you live in driving distance to Lyons, just a few miles west of Longmont, South Creek LTD, owned by the great Michael D. Clark, definitely one of Colorado's best bamboo rod maker, he may be able to look it over. His shop is right there on Main St. Don't blink or you'll miss it.
    Yep! Already called them and got a boatload of information from them. Next weekend I'm doing a fly fishing class and the following weekend I'll be setting an appointment with them to have him inspect the rod to see if anything needs to be addressed before I take it out and fish it.

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Windwarrior View Post
    Yep! Already called them and got a boatload of information from them. Next weekend I'm doing a fly fishing class and the following weekend I'll be setting an appointment with them to have him inspect the rod to see if anything needs to be addressed before I take it out and fish it.
    You'll love his little shop. Mike is a fantastic guy who won't B.S. you.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Excellent news!
    One thing I can't stand is a B.S er. I've always been a straight shooter and one thing I learned very early in life was anyone that is a liar is probably a thief. Both of which I despise.

So looking forward to meeting him and I'm assuming his wife(the woman who answered the phone).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12